IT Operations Management (ITOM)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IT Process Orchestration with HPE Operations Bridge

Ian_Bromehead on ‎06-16-2016 02:30 AM ‎06-17-2016 03:02 PM Julia_Dickinson

Post for guest blogger Ian Glover, HPE OpsBridge technical expert

HPE Operations Bridge Suite includes Operations Orchestration – your means to blueprint remedial processes related to incidents, automate them and perform them in a highly secure? manner without error

We all want to reduce the number of incidents to be dealt with by our NOC operators and give them the means to remediate incidents where the root cause is understood and it is appropriate for them to do so.

The event correlation, tools and actions available in Operations Manager i already give us a great way to do this, but what about situations where the remediation is bigger in scope than we can cover with Operations Manager i tools?

OO.jpg

Operations Orchestration allows runbooks to be designed and implemented to automate such tacks in a highly secure and error free manner. It is a remediation powerhouse, offering a wide range of pre-defined runbooks as well as the capability to author new ones. Over the capabilities of Operations Manager i tools, Operations Orchestration can span multiple systems and request input from users where needed.

002.jpg

Operations Orchestration can be used in its own right, but also has powerful integration capabilities with Operations Manager i.

The integration allows Operations Orchestration runbooks to be associated with CI Types. It also allows parameters to be passed to a runbook, so that it can be run in context from an Operations Manager i event.

OO for OMi venets.jpg

Read more:

Operations Orchestration

HPE Operations Bridge
HPE Live Network: Operations Bridge Evolution
HPE Live Network: Operations Manager i
HPE Live Network: OMi Management Pack development kit

HPE Live Network: Operations Orchestration

Webinar

Join us and Vodafone group in our Vivit Webinar – 5 New Ways to Focus Operations Through a Business Lens with Operations Bridge Suite

June 30th 2016 – 8:00-9:00 PDT

Register here

#itops, #itopsmgmt, #Vivit, #HPE, #OperationsBridge and @HPE IT_OPS

About the Author

Ian_Bromehead

Comments
Cortes Mary
on ‎07-06-2016 11:09 AM

Great explaination, informative, and helpful.

wboy
on ‎07-09-2016 09:26 AM

How many times is Orchestrator used for resolving? Most of IT operators don't trust it and would rather use it as information/diagnostic gathering rather then resolving

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Apr 18, 2017
Houston, TX
HPE Tech Days - 2017
Follow a group of tech bloggers for a new HPE Tech Day, a full day of sessions about how to create a hybrid IT, from hyperconverged to Composable Infr...
Read more
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event