cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The backend database and HP Operations Analytics Part 2

HPE-SW-Guest

Hi Vivek,

Below are some answers :

Vertica have capacity planning document on their site if you like I can send it to you .

Performance , there is no magic , you need to set projections to answer your use cases otherwise performance can be bad , to get the best performance try to avid Joins as much you can .

Data Load  -  very fast , the best practices is to  load in parallel , so each loader will connect to different Vertica server .

Resource allocation – Vertica have the concept  resource manager , you can manage your memory and CPU resources per resource pool .

Thanks,

Eli

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPE-SW-Guest

This account is for guest bloggers. The blog post will identify the blogger.

Comments
Vivek Singh

I would like to know the set of best practices to be followed while implementing DW in 100's of TB scale .

I havent seen any documentation regarding such systems from vertica. 

I would like to know more about

1.capacity planning ,

2.data loading

3.query performance optimization on such scale

4.Resource allocation

5.Troubleshooting

HPE-SW-Guest

Hi Vivek,

Below are some answers :

Vertica have capacity planning document on their site if you like I can send it to you .

Performance , there is no magic , you need to set projections to answer your use cases otherwise performance can be bad , to get the best performance try to avid Joins as much you can .

Data Load  -  very fast , the best practices is to  load in parallel , so each loader will connect to different Vertica server .

Resource allocation – Vertica have the concept  resource manager , you can manage your memory and CPU resources per resource pool .

Thanks,

Eli

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more