IT Operations Management (ITOM)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What's new in NNM i 10.10

MichaelProcopio on ‎12-28-2015 10:51 PM

The network management team is pleased to announce the release of HPE Network Management solution 10.10. This includes HPE Network Node Manager i (NNMi) 10.10 and HPE Network Automation 10.11. In this post I’ll cover what’s new in NNMi.

The big change in the IT world over the last years is the move to virtualization. First it was hosts, now networking functions are being virtualized. NNMi V10.10 targets this virtualization management problem.

Figure 1 – Networking evolution

What is the problem?

The virtual edge is much more dynamic, connections and relationships spin-up and down very fast, they need to be managed immediately and when they are done they need to be gracefully removed. Further they can move around, a virtual instance might be on host A one moment and host B the next. 

Figure 2 – Unique ways to view virtual environments, Hypervisor Wheel (left) and Loom (right)

Virtual Edge Management also provides comprehensive polling of physical & virtual components (hypervisor, virtual Switch, virtual Port, physical uplink, virtual Machine & virtual interfaces) as well as causal analysis across the virtual edge network. New visualization techniques for the virtualized environment were implemented as you can see in figure 1.

Improved performance

In addition to adding support for virtualized environments, performance was addressed in a number of areas. The most notable is in the iSPI for Traffic which more than doubled its performance as measured by the number of flows it can handle.

Another new feature in the Traffic SPI is that it can now map applications in both directions. This gives you the ability to see aggregate traffic for an application.

For more details on what’s new, join Joe Reeves, Product Manager, Network Management for a Vivit webinar:

Title:    NNMi 10.10: Manage your Virtual Infrastructure

Date:    Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Time:   8:00 - 9:00 AM PT (Los Angeles), 11:00 AM -12:00 PM ET (New York), 17:00 - 18:00 CET (Frankfurt)

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

Network Node Manager i (NNMi) unifies fault, availability, and performance monitoring for your network. NNMi software helps you improve network uptime and performance, and increase responsiveness to business needs. Download a free trial today !

Tweet to us at @HPE_ITOps and let us know what you think! | Like HPE Software on Facebook | Join our Network Management Solutions group on LinkedIn

About the Author

MichaelProcopio

HPE Software Product Marketing. Over 20 years in network and systems management.

Comments
venkata raj
on ‎02-03-2016 04:35 AM

Hello Team,

I want to know briefly what are the better features having in 10.10 compared with 10.00 and 9.24. So that i can expalin clearly to my team members and client and upgrade to 10.00 to 10.10.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Rajasekhar

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Apr 18, 2017
Houston, TX
HPE Tech Days - 2017
Follow a group of tech bloggers for a new HPE Tech Day, a full day of sessions about how to create a hybrid IT, from hyperconverged to Composable Infr...
Read more
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event