IT Operations Management (ITOM)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why automation matters, with 3 steps to get started

Guest Blogger (HPE-SW-Guest) on ‎09-09-2013 01:59 PM ‎04-06-2017 01:29 AM VidyaVI

by Muneer Mubashir, Senior Marketing Manager, Cloud and Automation

Automation_RGB_blue_NT.pngWith so much activity around adopting cloud-based strategies, some IT organizations are overlooking the opportunities to automate processes.

As part of an exclusive practitioner-focused Power to Change virtual event session, I spoke with Cloud and Automation Architect Sebastien Reister about why it’s important to roll out automation projects, and how to get started.

Why introduce automation?

Sebastien’s central message was that although automation improves efficiency and eliminates repetitive and mundane tasks, as one would expect, it was also important to consider automation as not an end in itself. Automation is not the goal, he told me, it’s a building block, especially to being more effective at deploying and maintaining cloud environments.

Where to start

Sebastien also detailed three tips to get rolling:

1. Take an end-to-end process approach, starting from the top
  2. Cut down the resulting long process and cut into parts
  3. Automate a process that is big enough to give you an ROI, but not complex

Automation centerpiece to cloud.pngLearn more — Register for the virtual event

My conversation with Sebastien was really enlightening and I think practitioners can gain a lot of useful insights about how automation delivers speed and efficiency, and why it is a critical building block for a successful cloud strategy. Register to learn the fundamentals of automation, including practical advice about:

• Where to start
  • How long it will take
  • How to prepare
  • Common problems to avoid

Click here to register for
“Automate lately?
The value of automation with or without cloud”

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPE-SW-Guest

This account is for guest bloggers. The blog post will identify the blogger.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Apr 18, 2017
Houston, TX
HPE Tech Days - 2017
Follow a group of tech bloggers for a new HPE Tech Day, a full day of sessions about how to create a hybrid IT, from hyperconverged to Composable Infr...
Read more
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event