IT Service Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: China Merchants Bank’s Upgrade to HP Service Manager (SM) 9.31 for ITIL Process Automation

Yvonne_Bentley

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your comment.  Yes, I agree, the stats are impressive.

Some of the non-ITIL processes CMB has worked on include: 

- Supervision process

- Schedule management

- Publish management

- Technical evaluation management

- Technology lifecycle management

- Document management, and

- Official document dispatching handling process

Most of these are back-office functions, that don't directly touch the end user.

However, we do have other customers using Service Manager for non-IT purposes.  I'll see if I can find one to cover in the coming weeks.

Thanks, Yvonne

0 Kudos
About the Author

Yvonne_Bentley

A 25+ year veteran of HP, Yvonne is currently a Senior Product Manager of HP ITSM software including HP Service Anywhere and HP Service Manager. Over the years, Yvonne has had factory and field roles in several different HP businesses, including HP Software, HP Enterprise Services, HP Support, and HP Imaging and Printing Group. Yvonne has been masters certified in ITIL for over 10 years and was co-author of the original HP IT Service Management (ITSM) Reference Model and Primers.

Comments
chuck_darst

Yvonne, there are some impressive statistics in this short story. The improvements for end users arguably makes the most impact to the business. Do you have further insight into the types of non-ITIL processes CMT has developed and/or is working on? We'll hear of Service Manager being used for non-IT process support. So, curious about this.

Wow - 17 ITIL processes. And 4 Man Months - very impressive. Saying 4 months is impressive in this industry with that much process investment.

Chuck

Yvonne_Bentley

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your comment.  Yes, I agree, the stats are impressive.

Some of the non-ITIL processes CMB has worked on include: 

- Supervision process

- Schedule management

- Publish management

- Technical evaluation management

- Technology lifecycle management

- Document management, and

- Official document dispatching handling process

Most of these are back-office functions, that don't directly touch the end user.

However, we do have other customers using Service Manager for non-IT purposes.  I'll see if I can find one to cover in the coming weeks.

Thanks, Yvonne

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more