IT Service Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GOAL!! What does the big match have in common with big data and big ITSM?

michael_pott

To tell the truth I am not an expert in soccer. But  I really find it interesting where Big Data plays a role these days - even in sports. And if it helped the German team to win the World Cup - great!

As far as the service desk is concerned I can envision that Big Data Analytics really will change IT service management and take areas like ticketing and problem isolation to the next level, bringing simplification and efficiency to end-users and service desk agents alike. Think about just sending an image to your service desk, and the rest will be done automatically.

You can read more about this and more about Big Data and HP Service Manager here on the same blog.

Have a nice day,

Michael

PS: There was sort of a Big Data record during the World Cup with 618,725 tweets a minute during the World Cup final.

About the Author

michael_pott

Michael Pott is a Product Marketing Manager for HPE ITSM Solutions. Responsibilities include out-bound marketing and sales enablement. Michael joined HP in 1989 and has held various positions in HP Software since 1996. In product marketing and product management Michael worked on different areas of the IT management software market, such as market analysis, sales content development and business planning for a broad range of products such as HP Operations Manager and HP Universal CMDB.

Comments
michael_pott

To tell the truth I am not an expert in soccer. But  I really find it interesting where Big Data plays a role these days - even in sports. And if it helped the German team to win the World Cup - great!

As far as the service desk is concerned I can envision that Big Data Analytics really will change IT service management and take areas like ticketing and problem isolation to the next level, bringing simplification and efficiency to end-users and service desk agents alike. Think about just sending an image to your service desk, and the rest will be done automatically.

You can read more about this and more about Big Data and HP Service Manager here on the same blog.

Have a nice day,

Michael

PS: There was sort of a Big Data record during the World Cup with 618,725 tweets a minute during the World Cup final.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more