IT Service Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How a major telecom improved IT service delivery and enhanced IT performance measurement

MylesS

This is a really great question. I think that there are going to become two forms of IT management--micro management and macro management. Micromanagement deals with discrete processes--the kind of things that the above telecom company is doing. Macro management, in contrast, deals with the value chain. As you know there are two that service management owns--detect to correct and request to fulfill. Here, we want use KPIs and metrics that cross the entire value chain. The bottom line as I remember David Cannon telling me is that everything comes down to the service and the customer--event, incident, problem, change, and the list goes on are really how we deliver services.

0 Kudos
About the Author

MylesS

Mr. Suer is a senior manager for IT Performance Management. Prior to this role, Mr. Suer headed IT Performance Management Analytics Product Management including IT Financial Management and Executive Scorecard.

Comments
chuck_darst

Myles, an interesting post. You have also written recently on the whole IT value streams concept. As I was reading this blog, I was wondering about the alignment with the value stream topic. Any more insight?

Great value stream ebook http://h30458.www3.hp.com/media2.php/EZINE/Discover_Performance_Value_Streams.pdf

Chuck

MylesS

This is a really great question. I think that there are going to become two forms of IT management--micro management and macro management. Micromanagement deals with discrete processes--the kind of things that the above telecom company is doing. Macro management, in contrast, deals with the value chain. As you know there are two that service management owns--detect to correct and request to fulfill. Here, we want use KPIs and metrics that cross the entire value chain. The bottom line as I remember David Cannon telling me is that everything comes down to the service and the customer--event, incident, problem, change, and the list goes on are really how we deliver services.

Matthew Lah

"The bottom line as I remember David Cannon telling me is that everything comes down to the service and the customer--event, incident, problem, change, and the list goes on are really how we deliver services."

There's hitting the nail on the head.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more