great post, i like this site.

0 Kudos
About the Author

airplane game

Comments
airplane game

great post, i like this site.

michael_pott

Chuck, I think your article hits a couple of extremely important points when it comes down to service lifecycle management and integration. I had an interesting discussion the other day at the HP EMEA customer forum. The point was made about configuration management. Now, as IT finally really is getting service oriented, also enabled by the cloud, configuration management is regaining importance.

Whether one looks at Asset Management, at understanding change impact on services, or at doing problem analysis - this list could be continued endlessly - all processes, workflows, tasks and involved people need to rely on the right shared data.

In the end this leads to integration between your configuration management data and all other involved tools. The more one leverages this data, and the more you integrate with this data, the more value you get out of it. 

chuck_darst

Michael, Having just got back from HDI, I have a few more thoughts here. I continue to see incident, problem, and change as the most common processes implemented. Automation complementing any of these is definitely interesting, but still fairly new. A broad interpretation of catalog continues to be a hot topic whether implemented now or strategizing for the future. In most cases catalog goes along with self-service and more automated request fulfillment/management. This is a hot area for integration - touching asset management, configuration management, supporting systems (procurement), cloud service automation - regardless of where it is sourced, ...

And I fully agree on your configuration management / data comments above.

Chuck

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more