Operating System - HP-UX
1753518 Members
5050 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

And new client for recovery on different subnet.

SOLVED
Go to solution
OFC_EDM
Respected Contributor

And new client for recovery on different subnet.

From my C.6.1.44 Ignite server GUI I want to "Add a New Client for Recovery" but it fails. Probably because the client is on a different sub-net.

How do I install the client for recovery on a server on a different subnet and then successfully run a make_net_recovery?
The Devil is in the detail.
4 REPLIES 4
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: And new client for recovery on different subnet.

Doing a make_net_recovery on a client in a different subnet doesn't noemally fail.

Have you checked to ensure that the Ignite versions on both the server and the client are the same? Are you exporting the required NFS directories?

MarkSyder
Honored Contributor

In my experience if this works, it's more by good luck than good planning: one day it fails, the next it works - and you swear you didn't do anything different!

You will save yourself a lot of headaches if you either move all boxes on to the same subnet or allocate a separate ignite server for each subnet.

Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different)
The triumph of evil requires only that good men do nothing
OFC_EDM
Respected Contributor

Rick I'll try your suggestion. I did forget to do the obvious and run exportfs.

So we'll see what happens.
OFC_EDM
Respected Contributor

It wasn't the exportfs.

I had to run from the client the "add_new_client -s Igniteservername" from the client.

Normally I've always done this from the GUI and it's always worked. But the servers have always been on the same subnet.

So maybe it's just the Ignite GUI that gets affected when the new client is on a different subnet. I really don't know though.

But running the command manually has a 100% success rate and I've added several servers already.