Operating System - HP-UX
1751873 Members
5097 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Automated build interrupted by prompt about USB keyboard.

SOLVED
Go to solution
GXW_1
Frequent Advisor

Automated build interrupted by prompt about USB keyboard.

Hi,

I've searched on here and there's a couple of hits for similar issues, but no fix as yet, so I thought I'd try again....

I'm doing an Ignite build of 11i v3 on a particular server, and want the install to run through unattended. However, it is prompting me with the following:

A USB interface has been detected on this system. In order to use a keyboard on this interface, you must specify a language mapping which will be used by X windows and the Internal Terminal Emulator (ITE). The characters "1234567890" will appear as "!"┬г$%^&*()" on keyboards that use the shift key to type a number. Your choice will be stored in the file /etc/kbdlang

There then follow a number of options, which I pick...

24) USB_PS2_DIN_UK_English

This works OK but I really want to have this run through unattended and it stops like this at each reboot during the build.

I had the following line defined in /var/opt/ignite/config.local: init _hp_keyboard="Not_Applicable"
And also tried: init _hp_keyboard="USB_PS2_DIN_UK_English"

Neither helped avoid the interaction.

What do I have to code in the ignite config to get round this prompt?

I'm fairly sure there ISN'T a keyboard attached to the server, but it's 5000 miles away!

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Automated build interrupted by prompt about USB keyboard.

Looking at the "man 4 instl_adm" man page entry for _hp_keyboard, it recommends setting this variable in the very first config file. That is, in the *INSTALL files first copied to the target.

You do this with the "instl_adm -d" ans "instal_adm -f" commands. See here:

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/IUX/faq.html#timezone
GXW_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Automated build interrupted by prompt about USB keyboard.

Thanks Scot, that worked perfectly!