1751843 Members
5491 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Booting Clients from Ignite UX Server

Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Re: Booting Clients from Ignite UX Server

Yeah i went thr' that file, edited inetd.conf acordingly and restarted daemon .. i edited bootptab to add exact entries as per my parameters .. also created lan boot option on cleint ..
Still it keep on searching for DHCP and i end up seeing dots on the console of cleint.

I agree there is definitely something wrong with the configuration.
You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know
Dietmar Konermann
Honored Contributor

Hmm, I'm confused now... essentially the >= 4.3 instructions talk about configuring instl_bootd instead of bootpd. Did you try that?
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

I have configured instl_bootd according to the document.. On client side i created lan boot option .. tell me whether i have give boot options i.e. any parameter for booting purpose because it is not able to find DHCP server..
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Hi all,
FYI
When i try to boot new server with OS DVD (B.11.23) and then tried using Ignite server giving following details:
1. Ip Add of Ognite server
2. Subnet mask
3. IP for Host
4. Gateway IP
5. DNS ip
Installation went on smooth and it was able to find the server. But i am not getting it thr' lan boot option. I don't want to use OS CD at all.
Thanks
Gerhard Roets
Esteemed Contributor

Hi

Bharat have you tried ignite 5.3.x. Whast is the current version of ignite which you use?

Regards
Gerhard

Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Hi All,
Thanks for your time and support. I was able to solve my problem by correcting certain configuration issues. I configured instl_bootd, /etc/bootptab ( did not use dhcptab), used fixed addresses and MAC's of Ignite Clients and was able to boot thr' network.
I am using :

B5725AA B.5.0.35 HP-UX (Ignite-UX)
Ignite-IA-11-23 B.5.0.35

Regards,
Bharat