Operating System - HP-UX
1753797 Members
8065 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Building 64-bit system (A500) from 32-bit Ignite tape (D230)

Jan Bray
Occasional Advisor

Building 64-bit system (A500) from 32-bit Ignite tape (D230)

I am having the exact problem creatig a LIF on a 64 bit system (J-5600). I am using Ignite version B3.4.115. What version should I be using to correct this? Also what pax patch is reliable with the suggested version of Ignite?

Thanks,

Jan
2 REPLIES 2
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: Building 64-bit system (A500) from 32-bit Ignite tape (D230)

well if you are indeed trying to ignite a 64bit system, and are using a 32bit image, I would stop right now.

You need a 64bit image to be able to ignite a 64bit system.
Also all the correct drivers need to be in the image.

And your Ignit eversion is VERY old, it is currently at version 6

Take a look here:
http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Jan Bray
Occasional Advisor

Re: Building 64-bit system (A500) from 32-bit Ignite tape (D230)

Thanks for your response. I'm downloading the new version and I hope that it solves the problem. (Correction- Scratch the 32 bit image part. That was from a previous query/title.) I have an 11.00 OS (64 bit kernel) running on a J-5600. Using Ignite 3.4.115 (and make_sys_image), when I create the LIF using make_medialif -a, the system uses INSTALL to boot and it hangs. I have previously created a tape of the system using make_tape_recovery(it works fine)and extracted the LIF from this to examine the boot process. It uses WINSTALL to boot. Why would this be, since the version of Ignite is the same?

Thanks again,

Jan