1753466 Members
4997 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Client installation from Ignite-UX hangs at swinstall

Bejoy C Alias
Respected Contributor

Client installation from Ignite-UX hangs at swinstall

If I do a client installation of 11.11 from the Ignite-UX Server ( C.7.7.93 ) , the installation hangs just while starting the swinstall. The same client works fine with 11.23 & 11.31 installations from the same ignite server. I tried setting the env_vars += "SDU_DEBUG_RPC=1"
sd_command_line += "-x logdetail=true -x loglevel=2" parameters , but there are no further debugging information.

This is the last output I could see on the client console , it does not go further.

* Starting swinstall of the source (HP-UX B.11.11).
* Running command: "/usr/sbin/swinstall
-s192.168.1.10:/var/depot/B.11.11
-f/tmp/ign_configure/software_file -x os_release=B.11.11 -x
os_name=HP-UX:64 -xpatch_filter=*.* -xpatch_save_files=true -x
logdetail=true -x loglevel=2"

I tried keeping the system at this point for complete 1 day :) to see anything happening at the background. But nothing ...

Anyone else faced this problem before ?
Be Always Joy ......
3 REPLIES 3
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

hi

perhaps need o check with a running 11.11 client if the depot from the Ignite server 192.168.1.10 at the directory /var/depot/B.11.11 is installable using swinstall ...

might be more clear what is the HW paltform the Ignite Installtion is being carried out?

just few thoghts

regards
Sujit
Bejoy C Alias
Respected Contributor

Sujith, Its works fine for normal package installations on 11.11 from the same depot. The system on which I am trying to install 11.11 is rp3410 with latest BMC/MP firmware installed.
Be Always Joy ......
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

Triage suggestions:
- look in s192.168.1.10:/var/depot/B.11.11/swagent.log, see if anything is logged from this swinstall attempt
- turn on Ignite debug levels, easiest way is from initial ignite console panel, Advanced Options
- wondering if you are crossing routers with some required swinstall LAN protocols disabled..?