108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Confusion about all the problems with Ignite-UX

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joanne Keegan
Regular Advisor

Confusion about all the problems with Ignite-UX

Recently there have been a lot of reports about problems with different releases of Ignite-UX. I'm getting confused.

What versions do work for 11.00 and 11i? What can I load safely and not lose any sleep over?

Regards,

Joanne

P.S. I do award points - and look forward to doing so on this subject!!!
8 REPLIES 8
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Re: Confusion about all the problems with Ignite-UX

The latest versions are here

http://software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

ALso you have a FAQ in this link which answers all the questions.
Scott Van Kalken
Esteemed Contributor

Essentially, what I do, is find a version that works, roll it out to all boxes, then, sitck with it for 6 months, check again.

Not the greatest strategy in the world, but it works for me.

Scott.
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

As far as the latest version, they can always be downloaded from ..
http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html
I'm not sure what particular problem you're talking about. Usually the problem is significant in the case when you've upgraded your OS but forgot to update to the correct version of Ignite/UX in order to bring all the fileset to match.
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Hi Joanne,

About six months or so ago there was a version that when any sort of error or warning occurred it will halt and not continue. The latest versions, (links already given) will continue after receiving 'WARNING' messages but not 'ERRORS'.

Hope that this was what you were after.

Cheers
Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Denise Kent
Advisor

From http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

Ignite-UX version B.3.4 and later requires a server running HP-UX 11.0 or 11i (32 or 64 bit). Ignite-UX version B.x can install HP-UX 10.20, 11.0 and 11i from this single server

Go to release notes here:

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/docs/release_note_A_B.3.7.html

Kind regards
Denise
Joanne Keegan
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the response so far. The problems I am talking about are such things as reversed filesets on the March 2002 CDs, problems with the make_recovery and make_tape_recovery commands. It seems as if every couple months or so, HP advise that there are problems with the latest releases of Ignite-UX. This site has remained on an older (and probably unsupported now)version, but we know it works.

Any other comments, suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Jo
erics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Joanne,

There was a problem with 3.7.95 for 11.0 only. The software site has the updated release (3.7.96 as noted several times above) available for download with this correction. This issue did not exist for any other OS than 11.0 for that specific release though.

Hope this Helps!

Eric
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

The recent problem with the CD version of Ignite/UX was an unfortunate error, but the website never allowed a bad copy to be downloaded. In the Response Center, we always recommend downloading the latest version and not using the CDs. The main reason is that Ignite must closely track new hardware (disks, I/O, CPU hardware) and if you look over the last year's worth of README files for Ignite, you'll see a series of refinements and of course, support for the latest hardware that can make older versions less useful or non-functional. The CDs are static and become dated very rapidly as far as Ignite goes.

So the version on the website is stable and current. The documentation at the website tells you which version to use for your opsystem. Always test the Ignite backup (like any other backup strategy). and go over the README information that comes with the download.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin