108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Create ignite backup of server to local filesystem

SOLVED
Go to solution
sobr0716
Occasional Contributor

Create ignite backup of server to local filesystem

I would like to create a local ignite image of my server to then copy to a different server in a different DC. The issue is that I am moving this server between datacenters on different networks. I would like to just create an ignite server locally on the server and then bundle it up and copy it over to my new ignite server and do my ignite restore.

Possible?
2 REPLIES 2
Alzhy
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes it is failry common.

Do your usual make_net_recovery and stash your ignite recovery image/backup somewhere or even accross to your new ignie server in your new data centre (bandwidth allowing of course).

Then follow the recipe in using and enshrining the ignite recover backup on your new ignite server for restoring on your new server. It is clearly shown in the Ignite-UX faq in /opt/ignite/share/doc/FAQ in Section 11.2.

Cheers!

Or you can just use DRD if you are using 11.23 or 11.31 HP-UX.
Hakuna Matata.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You want to do a network backup on the server itself? I think this is possible, as long as you don't do a recursive backup (don't backup the directory where the backup will be placed).

But if there is a network connection between the servers in the different DCs you can to the backup directly, servers don't need to be in the same subnet.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!