4999 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Custom media: HPUX 11.11 and Ignite on a DVD to create offsite ignite servers

Lasse Knudsen
Esteemed Contributor

Custom media: HPUX 11.11 and Ignite on a DVD to create offsite ignite servers

Hello,

We are in the process of streamlining the worldwide instatallations of HPUX 11.11. To do that we need to create several ignite servers. 14 to be exact.
What i would like to do i create a DVD with both the core os and the ignite depots, to be installed from the media dev.
Creating the bootable dvd is not the problem. But its how to configure ignite to start the installation, and use the core and ignite depots to install, that has been evading me.

Thanks in advance
Lasse Knudsen
In a world without fences - who needs Gates ?
2 REPLIES 2
Tom Geudens
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom media: HPUX 11.11 and Ignite on a DVD to create offsite ignite servers

Hi Lasse,
I believe you're looking for the "Golden Image". You can find this explained in the Ignite Manual.
In big lines it works as follows :
- You install 1 system (the "Golden System") with the Core OS and all the depots you want to be on the systems.
- You create the Golden Image with the make_sys_image
- This image gets burned to the 14 DVD's, each also containing a LIF that is specific (qua networkparameters for example) for each of the systems.

The "Golden Image" system is really very flexible ... but it takes some time to understand the first time.

Hope this helps,
Tom Geudens
A life ? Cool ! Where can I download one of those from ?
Lasse Knudsen
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Custom media: HPUX 11.11 and Ignite on a DVD to create offsite ignite servers

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, i was not really looking for a golden image, im looking for a from scratch installtion. Handled interly from a DVD media, whith no server interaction at all.

/Lasse
In a world without fences - who needs Gates ?