1753623 Members
5779 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: D390 with ignite

Peter-Klaus Hilpert
Occasional Advisor

D390 with ignite

i have a D390. When i install this machine over an ignite server, the machine cannot finish the last configuration step (aborts with a core dump from the configure3 binary). now i have installed the machine with the cd set and have created an recovery tape. the recovery tape also crashes with a core dump (configure3 binary) an the machine is not fully configured. i have used ignite version 2.6 3.0 and 3.3.

who can held ???

thanks peter
10 REPLIES 10
Magdi KAMAL
Respected Contributor

Hi Peter-Klaus,

Inspect the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log to see any abnormal messages. If so, correct them first.
Execute also the command "dmesg" which reports any problems.

Magdi
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Peter:

Have a look in /var/opt/ignite/local/install.log for Ignite's messages.

...JRF...

Peter-Klaus Hilpert
Occasional Advisor

hi,
there is no error or warning message in the syslog file. dmesg also tells nothing which points to problem. the install log file stops after the vg configuration has been saved.
Peter-Klaus Hilpert
Occasional Advisor

hi,
i have some more information to this problem. the problem only occurs by my D390, a E35,H60,A500 runs perfectly with ignite/ux. The D390 is with 2 1/4GB memory EISA and HSC cards running.
Michael Duthie
Trusted Contributor

Which version of HPUX are you installing?

And what is the date code of the CDs.?
Peter-Klaus Hilpert
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
i have tried the install with core/os date code 12/00 and the application release 03/01 (06/01), the xsw 03/01 and 06/01.

Thanks
peter
Michael Duthie
Trusted Contributor

10.20 or 11.00, 32 or 64 bit?

64 bit 11.00 does not support Eisa cards.
Peter-Klaus Hilpert
Occasional Advisor

i am using 11.00 32bits
Michael Duthie
Trusted Contributor

Sorry Peter it does not seem to fall into any of the problems I was thining about, Eisa & 64 bit or the patch for 2 procs on a D class running 10.20.

Might be worth checking /etc/.supported_bits on the Ignite server for D390 or making sure the PDC (firmware) is the latest.

Are the disks terminated? Just guessing now :-)