New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disaster Recovery - second ignite server - nfs to original

SOLVED
Go to solution
J. Michael Hildebrandt
Occasional Advisor

Disaster Recovery - second ignite server - nfs to original

Hi
Let me give you the background then hopefully we can move forward.
We have 2 data centres, we have 2 SAN's. We have stored the Ignite Images on one SAN and "mirrored / replicated" it to the other SAN. We have allocated these disks to another HP-UX host and mounted it in the same way as the first. We have used rsync to replicate the /var/opt/ignite directory as well.
Thus we have an "Ignite" server in both locations.
I have set up the second Ignite server and my DR Server will boot from it (bootp stuff - PA-RISC Servers) and get the IP and Ignite Server information when it comes to the initial allocation of a name, IP, Gateway and Ignite Server IP (using instl_adm and checking with instl_adm -d).
I then get to the normal Ignite Installation screen and make my relevent changes to the hostname / IP etc for the new DR Network. I hit go.
It creates the files systems and extracts the first set of files with out a problem, IT THEN tries to mount the NFS Export where the Ignite Image can be found.
This is the problem, it tries to mount he NFS Export from where the Ignite image was first stored, i.e. the main Ignite Server not the new DR one.
How can I change / modify the server so that when the client starts to install it's image it looks to the correct NFS/Ignite Server?
Error message is:
NOTE: NFS mount (/sbin/fs/nfs/mount -oro
10.39.1.110:/data/ignite/recovery/clients/ritmdb01
/tmp/ign_configure/archive_nfs) failed, see messages above.
ERROR: Command "/sbin/fs/nfs/mount -oro
10.39.1.110:/data/ignite/recovery/clients/ritmdb01
/tmp/ign_configure/archive_nfs" failed. Ensure that
"/data/ignite/recovery/clients/ritmdb01" is properly exported on
ERROR: Cannot load OS archive(s) (Ignite)
Where the IP Address specified is the old Ignite Server not the new one.
I have checked /var/opt/ignite/clients/ looking for a setting for this with no joy, I am out of ideas, any help is appreciated.
Best regards
Ben
2 REPLIES 2
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor
Solution

Looks like you are trying to re-host some recovery images.

The config files you need to change are in /var/opt/ignite/clients//recovery/*/archive_cfg.

There is 'nfs_source =' syntax in there that specifies the IP address and path to the archive.
J. Michael Hildebrandt
Occasional Advisor

Star - 10 point - thanks I have spent a few late nights looking for that, should have dug deeper.....