1753528 Members
5369 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error running archive_impact

Shouvik Basak
Occasional Advisor

Error running archive_impact

After creating the Golden Image named myGoldenImage.gz by using make_sys_image I am running the command :

/opt/ignite/lbin/archive_impact -t -g myGoldenImage.gz

I am getting the error:

gzcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
ERROR: The tar command failed!

I would really appreciate if you can please help me with a solution for this.

Thanks in advance,
Shouvik
Think, think and think...before you jump
4 REPLIES 4
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Shouvik,

Take a look at this doc,

Document description: archive_impact - ERROR: The tar command failed!
Document id: UIUXKBRC00008797

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000062921984

Hope this helps,
Robert-Jan
Shouvik Basak
Occasional Advisor

Robert, Thanks for your help. I checked the document but I found that all my Ignite versions are ok.

I could analyse the problem I was facing though. The Golden Image that I was trying to build was growing over 2GB, but the file system where I was dumping the image did not have Large File support. So the whole image was not getting created - and hence the error.

This leads to the next portion of my problem. The system (Golden System) of which I am trying to create a Golden Image of has number of local disks and disks connected to SAN. Thus it has many volume groups and mount points. What I really need is to have a Golden Image having just the file systems in vg00 as part of the image i.e. /, /opt, /home, /var, /usr, /stand, /tmp; ignoring all other mount points. I am tying to pass "-g file_list" to restrict the image to my desired file systems - but its tending to include everything in the image. My file_list has /, /opt, /home, /var, /usr, /stand, /tmp all listed in lines one after another. is this correct ?

I would appreciate if somebody could help me with a solution.
thanks,
Shouvik

Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

Check "man make_sys_image". The -g option file must be specially formatted using the list_expander cmd.

Other option. Backup the image system. Unmount the NFS filesystems, reset /etc/fstab & other files so that the mounts are no longer known. Then make your image. Restore the NFS mounts after.
Shouvik Basak
Occasional Advisor

Hi Scot,

I used the -t option and it worked for me.