Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Ignite-UX
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude volume groups of ignite-ux

Peternt
Regular Advisor

Exclude volume groups of ignite-ux

Hi everybody,

I want to make a recovery using the make_net_recovery command.

I want to create the archive recovery only for vg00. This contains the operating system.

But, when I issue the command:

make_net_recovery -s server -x inc_entire=vg00 -p

It shows the messages:

* /usr/sbin/vgcfgbackup /dev/vg00

* Backing Up Volume Group /dev/vg15

* Backing Up Volume Group /dev/vg20

etc.

(the total output is attached)

The question is:

How I exclude the others VGs. ?  This is a normal behaviour ?

HP-UX 11i V1 running on PA-RISC. Version Ignite-UX C.7.15.254

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Roger

P.S.This thread has been moved from  System Administration to HP-UX > ignite- HP Forums Moderator

Roger
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Exclude volume groups of ignite-ux

Perfectly normal:

* Backing Up Volume Group /dev/vg15
       * /usr/sbin/vgcfgbackup /dev/vg15
       * Creating Map Files for Volume Group /dev/vg15
       * /usr/sbin/vgexport -s -p -m /etc/lvmconf/vg15.mapfile /dev/vg15

What this means (albeit poorly worded) is that vgcfgbackup and vgexport have been run in order to 'backup' the LVM information into the /etc/lvmconf directory. Only vg00 will actually be written to the network server.  When you run the backup, check the size of the archive on the network server (/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives). It should be slightly smaller than the occupied space on vg00 (the archive is gzipped compressed).

Bill Hassell, sysadmin