Operating System - HP-UX
1751738 Members
5832 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Getting "The currently selected configuration does not contain any environments."

f. halili
Trusted Contributor

Getting "The currently selected configuration does not contain any environments."

I have a make_net_recovery backup of one of our servers with HPUX 11.31.

Server was replaced and I was planning to recover from ignite backup. I booted up via media and pointed to the IP of the ignite server to recover. I'm getting "The currently selected configuration does not contain any environments.  You may want to select another configuration.".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

f. halili

derekh
2 REPLIES 2
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: Getting "The currently selected configuration does not contain any environments."

Hi,

There are a few possible causes for this issue.

1. Check if the media you are booting from supports both the PA-RISC and Integrity systems.

The DVD was created on a PA-RISC system and used to boot an Integrity system; would cause a mismatch in Ignite variables in relation to the actual hardware - this would result in the above error; where no environment matched the actual configuration.

2. An alternate possible cause is missing Ignite-UX installation filesets. In your case missing installation utilities for 11.31. To fix this install the complete Ignite-UX bundle which includes the installation utilities for 11.11, 11.23 and 11.31 clients. 

Example: 

#  swlist -l bundle | grep -i ignite 

IGNITE                C.7.11.444     HP-UX Installation Utilities (Ignite-UX) 

Ignite-UX-11-11       C.7.11.444    HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.11 Systems  

Ignite-UX-11-23       C.7.11.444     HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.23 Systems 

Ignite-UX-11-31       C.7.11.444     HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.31 Systems

Install the complete ignite-UX software bundle in the Ignite-UX Server. 

3. Alternate causes/solutions to the 'environments' error can be the lack of an 'Environment' declaration in a custom created file used for install depots or golden images.

Typically this configuration file is located in: /var/opt/ignite/data/Rel_B.11.##/ .

As it is a custom created file the filename varies.

Typically is is named core11.cfg or core_cfg, etc.

Ensure that there is a definition for:

sw_category = "HPUXEnvironments"

and that if applicable; there is one for 32 bit, 64 bit, IA and PA architecture.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Re: Getting "The currently selected configuration does not contain any environments."

Wild guess - Installed Ignite does not have any config and the mac adress from the new server is different so the CINDEX file will not be found.

Check /var/opt/ignite/clients for the server you made the recovery on, there should be a link 

<ServerName> --> Mac Adress

and a Folder

<MAC Adress of the server where you did the backup>

Rename the folder to the Mac adress of the new server and make sure that the sharing is changed as well.

Details are described here: Successful System Cloning using Ignite-UX - HP