1753974 Members
7782 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Golden Image and Serviceguard

Mark Lawley
Contributor

Golden Image and Serviceguard

I have created a golden image for nodes in a Serviceguard cluster. I have come to install the image on a different Serviceguard cluster and hit a problem with the itool interface.

The Serviceguard cluster has a disk array shared between two servers. I want my root volume group vg00 to be installed on the internal disks on the servers not on the disk array. However when I run the installation from the Golden Image it tries to use disks on the array.

I have tried manually changing the disks allocated to vg00 in "Add/Remove Disks" on the file system tab but the modifications are ignored. There are no error messages, the changes I try to make just do not happen.

I have tried changing settings in the INSTALLFS file and the config file with no success.

Does anybody know how I can make these changes?
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

Re: Golden Image and Serviceguard

Mark,

Changing them IS possible within that file system tab but I think there is an apply option that is easy to miss.
Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Mark Lawley
Contributor

Re: Golden Image and Serviceguard

I think you mean the Modify option, which I have tried using. Just one extra piece of information is that I tried the same thing with a make_recovery tape and I can change the disks assigned to each of the volume groups