Re: HELP: Ignite_UX Recovery

SOLVED
Go to solution
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Alexander,

You said this:

...you all might want to be aware of. Ignite-UX cannot restore any "/etc? directories, ...

I've done make recoveries with the "-A" option on "vg00"'s that had over 33GB of data, with countless subdirectories under /etc, and I have successfully restored each one of them countless times.

Are you talking about MOUNTED directories under /etc??? Is your /etc/opt/omni directory really a mounted filesystem? Is /etc/opt/omni part of "vg00"??

Also, you should upgrade your ignite to the latest version and start using make_tape_recovery.

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi

Harry is correct and providing that the sub dirs of /etc are not mounts then ignite will handle it.

Down load the lastest version and install it - No reboot required and it is free.

The following command will cover all of vg00

- ensure that the device file is correct for your machine.

/opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00 -I -v -a /dev/rmt/0mn

HTH

Paula

If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Alexander Pino, Sr.
Frequent Advisor

Harry,

perhaps I was not very clear. Yes, Ignite_UX will back-up the /etc directory, even if its mounted (like mine is). It is when you recover from the Ignite_UX tape that an error message appears: "The Volume /etc/opt/omni" is not a suitable mounted Volume (cannot be /sbin, /etc, or /dev in pre-10.20...)

I believe I have the latest Ignite_UX: ver. Ingite-UX-11-11 v. B.3.4.115.

Alex.
It is, what it is!
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

B.3.6 is the latest version.

Check the order of your mounts, you should have the omni directory be a later mount sequence after /etc is mounted.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die