108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX 11iv3 Ignite pre-install scripts

SOLVED
Go to solution
GXW_1
Frequent Advisor

HP-UX 11iv3 Ignite pre-install scripts

I have an ignite server which I have set up to deploy 11iv3 systems. I have created a couple of post-install scripts for 3rd party software and they get installed by default. I can remove them from the install by removing them from the Advanced Tab in the Install Dialog, but I want to make them optional (i.e. not installed by default).

Does anyone know how to add them to the ignite config but make them show up on the right hand side of that screen instead of the left?

Failing that - is there a way I can call a pre-install script before the install dialog is launched so I can make the choices in there?

I'm using this sort of thing for post-install:

# more /var/opt/ignite/saved_cfgs/local_3rd_party_installation.cfg
post_config_script += "/var/opt/ignite/scripts/local_3rd_party_installation"
#
3 REPLIES 3
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP-UX 11iv3 Ignite pre-install scripts

See the bottom of this manual for the syntax:
http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-5309/ch12s04.html

Basically, you use the "scripts" syntax in the INDEX file, and this will build a menu a scripts that users can manually run on the last panel of the install interface.

(Note that you should NOT make scripts optional that really should be run with a given configuration. I'd make them always run by default.)
GXW_1
Frequent Advisor

So, using my post-install syntax above makes it appear on the left of the advanced tab (installed by default) and using your scripts syntax makes it appear on the right of the advanced tab (installed optionally).

Perfect - exactly what I need.

Thanks Scot :-)

For the benefit of anyone finding this thread in the future, here's the actual syntax I used (as the last line of /var/opt/ignite/INDEX)

scripts {"/var/opt/ignite/scripts/local_3rd_party_installation"}
GXW_1
Frequent Advisor

And for those (like me) who are scripting this, it's...

manage_index -a -s /var/opt/ignite/scripts/local_3rd_party_installation