7021 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX Ignite Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nicole Wahl

HP-UX Ignite Error

I performed a make_tape_recovery -AvI -x inc_entire=vg00 -x inc_entire=vg03 -x inc_entire=vg04 and am now attempting to use the ignite on a new server. I have done many ignites this way but I am encountering an error never before seen. 0/12/0/0.0.0 was specified to be configured but is currently prevented from being configured by the HIDE_BOOT_DISK option on the _hp_hide_other_disks config file variable"

Help.
2 REPLIES 2
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP-UX Ignite Error

Check if this disk is marked as hide in /var/opt/ignite/clients/{hostname}/recovery/latest/control_cfg

# man 4 instl_adm
_hp_hide_other_disks
String variable that can be set to one or more space separated hardware paths of disks that should be "hidden" from being configured or otherwise modified during the install. It allows for more disks to be hidden than what is provided by the hide_boot_disk keyword.

hide_boot_disk = boolean
Setting this to true prevents the installation pr ocess fromallowing the boot disk to be configured and/or "cleaned". This is useful only when the Ignite-UX kernel is booted from a dedicated hard disk that you wish to protect from being modified.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Nicole Wahl

Re: HP-UX Ignite Error

Thanks for getting me on the right track. I don't have the directory specified in your answer but I did find /var/opt/ignite/recovery/2003-06-10,06:19
This showed me what you were saying and allowed me to reverse engineer it....

Thanks again. Nicole