Operating System - HP-UX
1752780 Members
6156 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How does /var/opt/ignite/clients get created ?

SHABU KHAN
Trusted Contributor

How does /var/opt/ignite/clients get created ?

Hi,

How does the /var/opt/ignite/clients get created ? I couldn't find my client (icon) when I execute ignite from my ignite server.
There are no files under /var/opt/ignite/clients.

Please advise.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Scott Van Kalken
Esteemed Contributor

it get created when you add clients and do an ignite backup.

When you add clients you need to rsh or rexec onto the remote machine to gather information about that machine - this should be stored under the clients directory.

When you do an ignite - this information is updated.

I'm not 100% sure of where the ignite images are stored though.
Frank Li
Trusted Contributor

the directory /var/opt/ignite/clients/client_hostname is automaticly created and save the ignite information when the client is ignited from the server. This is only for information,and you should not modify/config the file in this directory .
Hi Friend
Conal O'Kelly
Advisor

The Ignite images are stored by default under the /var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/ directory. However I believe you can specify another directory path if you are short of space in /var/opt/ignite. Note that you will have to export this directory as Ignite needs to NFS mount this directory when creating the archive.

Cheers
Con
SHABU KHAN
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Guys !

I've nfs exported:
Please see below output from the ignite server/Golden image
root# exportfs
/var/opt/ignite/clients -anon=2
/var/opt/ignite/archives/Rel_B.10.20 -rw=my_client

After I executed this:
/opt/ignite/bin/bootsys -w -v my_client:my_client_IP

My client system rebooted and came backup on the network on lan0. But when I ran ignite (GUI Interface) from my ignite server, I get the following Error Message:
"No client were found. This may be the first time you are running Ignite_UX. To learn how to boot clients, you can run the tutorial from the Welcome screen."

Please advise.

Thanks,
Shabu