Operating System - HP-UX
1753746 Members
4614 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I need to create clone with automatic configuring HP RAID 4Si controller

Asylzhan

I need to create clone with automatic configuring HP RAID 4Si controller

I have 30 servers A class with HP RAID 4Si PCI 4 Channel Ultra2 SCSI Controller and Disk System DS2300.
I want to create recovery tape with make_tape_recovery which after recovery system will be create mirror of local disk, install the Informix Database Server and configured it, create RAID via RAID 4Si on the disks of DS2300. I know how to do mirroing and installing the IDS, but big problem for me how to run configuring RAID 4Si automatic with help recovery tape.
I know how I can configuring befor installing HPUX RAID with Install CD of HPUX, but how to do that whith reacovery tape?
4 REPLIES 4
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you will have to create scripts that do this (preferably in /var/opt/ignite/scripts),

make those scripts known in your ignite configuration (manage_index or add a script clause to /var/opt/ignite/INDEX)

and select them as post_install scripts during recovery.

Regards
Bernhard
Asylzhan

I know about how to run for you need scripts in Ignite-UX, but where i can get the scripts which configured RAID 4Si controller, because in the guide of RAID 4si I not find comand stings configurations of RAID 4Si, but in there told about possibility use Ignite UX server for configuration RAID befor installing HPUX, but how to insert to Ignite it is nothing.
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

You use a product called IRM (Internal RAID Manager) to configure it. I'm not sure if the configuration can be easily scripted, or not. The manual is here:

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/J6173-90007/00/00/21-con.html#bcfhcfbb

You may need to download and install Expect to get the script to work. Which also means you'd need Expect to get loaded from the ignite tape, so the arrays can get config'd.

Good luck,
mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Asylzhan

Thanks all. You are give me all my step which I went, but I understood how to need me go. I think I must run in scripts only one command /usr/sbin/irm, and I have menu, where I can configured RAID, but I understood I can not load or run command in the script to automatic configuring Raid