6825 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IGNITE

guru_1
Frequent Advisor

IGNITE

Hi,
I am seting up my ignite server.So i have planed to take a golden image archive of my existing server.Hence i am using the script ,make_sys_image to take the archive .Now when i start this script..in the process it saya ..u have following core files in the system and these will be backed up and it lists ..8 core files ..and it syas the size of the archive will be around 25 gb .Now after the completeion it throws the error..that gunzip throws a error some error code.But thye gz file is still created.My query is
1) why it is taking the core files in the archive.
2)since it is doing this using the tar..so cannot reach above 2 gb...
3) I hve seen the log file of the same ..it says it completed successfuly ...i dont know ...whaether...its true or not..

Can somebody suggest me ..is this the right way i am doing ..as there is another way also ie to dump the cd contents on harddisk....i remember...

thnks
3 REPLIES 3
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hello Kuls,

"make_sys_image" is just a shell script. So modify it before starting, and exclude all the files, and directories you do not like.
If you run this on the Ignite/UX server itself, make sure, to use to option "-s local" AND to exclude the directories under "/var/opt/ignite".

BTW, ignite is actually using "pax", not "tar", but there is little difference - except for patches...

HTH,
Wodisch
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

Do you need to keep those core files for any reason?
If not, delete them before doing the ignite image.

For that matter, get rid of any extra files before the imaging, /tmp, /var/tmp, and so on.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
guru_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks fot your response.But i have now decidecto opt other methids .ie i have made a depot using make_depots commnad and i have excuted make _config..now ....i have done little bit ignite server configuratiion like ..range of ip address...i have 1 question..in the server config screen thee is a tab called Default configuration and when i see the options its gives me four options (10.01,10.02.10.10,11.0) now tilll now i have only made a depot in /var/opt/ignite/depots/B.11.00.So can anybodu tell me from where these options are coming ....and what is next step for me to do...after this .

thnks