1748184 Members
3894 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite server backup failed

arunaphcl
Advisor

Iginte server backup failed.

Techies, Pls find the error and let me know how to resolve this issue..

* Creating NFS mount directories for configuration files.

======= 04/04/13 12:28:29 EDT Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery. (Thu Apr 04 12:28:29 EDT 2013)
@(#)Ignite-UX Revision C.7.14.274
@(#)ignite/net_recovery (opt) Revision: /branches/IUX_RA1203/ignite/src@84460 Last Modified: 2012-02-24 09:31:30 +0530 (Fri, 24 Feb 2012)

* Checking Versions of Recovery Tools
ERROR: The list_expander command failed. This could be due to a problem with the -x options specified - Check the existence of the included device(s).

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Iginte server backup failed.

Please post the exact make_net_recovery command you ran. 

The error mentions that there could be a problem with the '-x' options you specified.  Without seeing those, there's not much to say yet.

>>ERROR: The list_expander command failed. This could be due to a problem with the -x options specified - Check the existence of the included device(s).

arunaphcl
Advisor

Re: Iginte server backup failed.

Hi Patrik,

Pls find the below command which we run from the server.

/opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s puinfapp01 -x inc_entire=vg00 -x exclude=/usr/sap

and one more thing,I got below  error when i execute /opt/ignite/lbin/list_expander -s command.

ERROR:   Essential /dev is invalid because /dev is not a valid file or directory.

when I commented out /dev on /var/opt/ignite/recovery/mnr_essentials file backup run successfully..

I know this is not the correct step as /dev file is essentail for ignite bakcup

could you please check the same.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>when I commented out /dev on /var/opt/ignite/recovery/mnr_essentials file backup run successfully.

Are there any non directory or non device files under /dev/?

find /dev -type f

arunaphcl
Advisor

Yes, I oculd find one map file by running the command which you have noted here, Issue stiil exist even after deletiong the same.