New Discussion юеВ

Ignite B.3.6

SOLVED
Go to solution
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Ignite B.3.6

Hello

I have downloaded ignite B 3.6 but just wanted to know after I installed do I need to reboot the system?

The patch for ignite does not require a reboot but what does this means
swinstall -x autoreboot=true -x match_target=true -s /tmp/PHCO_xxxx.depot

autoreboot=true will reboot the system ??

Sorry quite new to HP.

Thanks in advance.

John
New to HP
3 REPLIES 3
Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite B.3.6

Ignite installation does not need reboot.

If anywhere it mentioned as autoreboot=true then it will reboot after the installation.

Sandip
Good Luck!!!
Holger Knoppik
Valued Contributor

Hi John,

first of all: happy easter and welcome to the forums ;-)
You're correct, autoreboot=true means your system will perform an automatical reboot.
The Ignite-UX bundles normally do not require a reboot.
For more information check this:http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90749/B2355-90749_top.html&con=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90749/00/00/26-con.html&toc=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90749/00/00/26-toc.html&searchterms=ignite&queryid=20020401-132434
Additional, do a search on the keyword "ignite". You'll find lots of information.
Hope this helps
RGDS, Holger
Live long and prosper!
Darrell Allen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi John,

From "man swinstall":

autoreboot=false
(Applies only to swinstall.)
Prevents the installation of software requiring a reboot from the non-interactive interface. If set to true, this software can be installed and the target system(s) will be automatically rebooted.

Basically this means that if the patch being installed requires a reboot and you are running swinstall non-interactively, you must use "autoreboot=true" else swinstall will not install the patch.

If the patch doesn't require a reboot, then "autoreboot=true" has no effect.

If you run swinstall interactively, you will be informed the patch requires a reboot and given the opportunity to cancel.

No reboot is needed for Ignite.

Darrell
"What, Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman (Mad Magazine)