New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite Backup

SOLVED
Go to solution
AL_3001
Regular Advisor

Ignite Backup

Hi Friends,

The ignite backup runs weekly on wednesday at 01:00 hrs and completes in 30 min. However, i have noticed that it is 10:00am and it is still in progress. I tried to re-run the ignite backup after rewinding the tape, but it failed with error. Pasting the logs of ignite log file and current status of tape drive in the attached text file.

Kindly assist how to eject the tape.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ashish
8 REPLIES 8
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

You forgot the attachment!
Will it remain a personal, if I broadcast it here!
AL_3001
Regular Advisor

I did attach, but i think it did nort get uploaded. I have done it now once again.
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Looks like your previous backup session is still active may be it got hanged n process went to sleep status. Try to kill that process and then try again.

#ps -ef|grep -i make

Get pid fron its output and then

#kill

And then try new session.
Laerte Cardoso
Frequent Advisor

Ashish,
About "Another instance of make_net_recovery/make_tape_recovery is already <-----running.", try remove the directory "/var/tmp/ign_configure" and kill process named "*make_tape". After this, try run again.
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

# mt status /dev/rmt/0m

gives you status of tape. And by looking at your tape status, tape is empty.
Shahul
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

You got your old backup still running. That's the reason this one is failed. Now, why old one is still running, that you need to investigate, most of the time it's something to do with bdf command or a hard disk failiure or something that sort. Check your server does not have any abnormal problems, the kill old sessions and start again.

Hope this helps
Shahul
wittie
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I can't open the attachment ... you can check if there is still a make_tape_recovery process running 'ps -ef|grep make' and kill it if running. Also check about a lock file. Usually make_*_recovery creates a lock file under /tmp which you'll have to manually remove if you want to start another recovery.
AL_3001
Regular Advisor

Hi Freinds,

Apologies for not closing the thread earlier.

Just to let you all know, the ignite backup was running because there was some issue with ioscan. HP were called for assistance and they sorted this out long time back.

Thank You all for your inputs.

Regards,
Ashish