Re: Ignite C.7.9.261 mount point not unmounting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marlou Everson
Trusted Contributor

Ignite C.7.9.261 mount point not unmounting

Using Ignite C.7.9.261, I have a script running through cron that does a

make_net_recovery -u -s ignite-server

Everything runs fine except that when it updates the Ignite version on the client and restarts the make_net_recovery command after it finishes it does not umount the client mount point. If Ignite is not updated, it unmounts okay. There are no error messages in the logs.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Marlou
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

Is the ignite client/server version same ??

mikap
Marlou Everson
Trusted Contributor

No. That's the point of the -u option. It updates the client with the s/w version on the server.

"Updates the Ignite-UX software from the Ignite server specified by the -s option. This is done only when the version of software on the server is newer than the client.
The software update uses the depot on the server in the location: /var/opt/ignite/depots/recovery_cmds. If this depot does not exist, you may use the /opt/ignite/lbin/pkg_rec_depot command to create it. When the -u option causes the software to be updated, it then automatically restarts the command with the same options."

The script was using check_version and updating the software if necessary but I changed it to use the -u option of make_net_recovery instead.

Marlou
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

According to the most recent release notes, this is a known problem, and should be fixed in the version you are running:

QXCR1000890013. Using the -u option of make_net|tape_recovery will
no longer leave the clients directory NFS-mounted from the
Ignite-UX server.

Release notes here: http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-5168/5992-5168.pdf
Marlou Everson
Trusted Contributor

Scot,

You are right. Actually, that fix was in the C.7.9.254 version! I guess it is unfixed now since I had to umount a couple dozen systems. At least the recovery archive is created okay.

Thanks for the link. When I downloaded 261, the first web page showed 260, but the download page showed 261 and I only found Release Notes for 260. Now I see there is a whole new Ignite home page.

Marlou
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor
Solution

Fix may be there, however the next time you run it maybe the fix will be active. Pretty sure this version needs to be on the client side for the fix to be effective.

So hopefully next time this goes away for you.
Marlou Everson
Trusted Contributor

I understand. It's a catch-22. Even though the older version (C.7.8.201) on the client had the -u option (the cron job was running from the client), the client version did not have the fix in it. Now that the client has the C.7.9.261 version with the fix, the next time the client software is updated to a version greater than C.7.9.261, the client directory should not be left mounted.

Marlou