Operating System - HP-UX
1753635 Members
5434 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite Client needs IUX Server's IP - but thought this was set using istl_adm ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
D Block 2
Respected Contributor

Ignite Client needs IUX Server's IP - but thought this was set using istl_adm ?

How do you set the IUX Server's IP for a BOOTSYS of a Client Install ?

On the IUX Server, type: bootsys -i "config" -f client

On the client console, it does not have the IUX Server's IP, so it prompts for console input -- ** NO FROM THE GUI Ignite on the IUX Server **.

I was hoping to use the IUX GUI to install the Client, but because the IUX Server's IP is not set, I get manual control on the CLient's console.

Using IUX Server 11.11 and when I sysboot a client 11.00, I always get an issue about missing the IUX Server's IP Addr.

Is there something I'm missing ? Should I set this using the istl_adm, I thought I did this.. need some thoughts from the Ignite Experts.

On the Client's Console:

ERROR: The install serverтАЩs IP address is not set. See instl_adm(1M) on how to set
the default on the server.
Failed to startup networking, user interaction required.
Press Reutrn to continue:

Ignite-UX is ready to install the client. Start the installation from the тАЬigniteтАЭ
User interface using the menu: тАЬAction -> Install clientтАЭ -> New Install
Golf is a Good Walk Spoiled, Mark Twain.
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ignite Client needs IUX Server's IP - but thought this was set using istl_adm ?

The IG-UX ip address should be listed with
# instl_adm -d
D Block 2
Respected Contributor

Sameer,

see below, so I'm missing something here, do I need the [0] as a 0 index ?

do I just need the ip_addr field and remove the "system_name" ? Would this help ?

# instl_adm -d
# instl_adm defaults:
# NOTE: Manual additions between the lines containing "instl_adm defaults"
# and "end instl_adm defaults" will not be preserved.
system_name="carol1"
ip_addr[]="172.16.97.17"
route_gateway[0]="172.16.97.67"
route_destination[0]="default"
# end instl_adm defaults.
run_ui=false
control_from_server=true
disable_dhcp=true
timezone="EST5EDT"
is_net_info_temporary=false
_hp_keyboard="PS2_DIN_US_English"
#
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

There is indeed a problem with the instl_adm defaults. What it shows is just the hostname and IP address to be supplied to the client during network install. But it doesn't define install server's IP address.

The IG-UX (Install server) IP address is defined by field name "server".
e.g. server="15.1.50.74"

Moreover there is a need of field "netmask[]" which defines the netmask.

Refer the man page of instl_adm(1M) or the document at http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-0611/5992-0611.pdf to set the required fields.
D Block 2
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the document reference.
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

When Ignite is installed, the server's IP address should be setup for you in the right config file by default. This is not something that you should have to worry about routinely.

Just wondering how you got into that situation.