108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Ignite Question

Is anyone out there using make_net_recovery on an 11iv2 box to ignite to an ignite server with 11iv1 installed? My fellow co-worker says that it can't be done. I have no test boxes at the moment to prove or disprove it. In a way it makes sense that a newer OS version wouldn't be able to be ignited to an ignite server with an older OS version. But then again, why would the 11.23 ignite installation files be available for install on the 11iv1 installation cd?
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ignite Question

It works just fine. I have done this. I have not only created the Ignite Images, Golden Images but also have Ignited 11.23 PA and 11.23 IA systems.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

My Ignite server is an old K-box running 11.11 and it will boot 11.23 boxes just fine and dandy.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Thanks guys. I figured it could be done. It's hard telling someone something will work without evidence of it working.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"