5372 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite-UX cloning to new hardware and LTU

Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

Ignite-UX cloning to new hardware and LTU

Has anyone run into this one before...

I've been told that if I plan to clone a system from an Ignite-UX archive the source and target node have to have the same OE LTU. For example, I can't legally recover from an archive where the O/S was installed with DCOE to a server with VSEOE. Uninstalling the software which will not be licensed on the target node would not suffice.

Thanks for the feedback.

-denver
2 REPLIES 2
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

If you take an image if a DCOE install and copy it to another server, the other server needs to be licensed for DCOE.

If you did the other way around I do not think there would be an issue as you would then be paying for DCOE and only using VSOE features which are already included in DCOE..
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

From a strictly legal licensing perspective, this makes perfect sense. HP wants you to be licensed for the OS level you will be using on the "new" system.

None of the servers, or the OS, has any checks built in to verify your license, at least as far as I know, so this is on the "honor system."

If you were to do this in a DR situation, where the original system is completely hosed, then I feel fairly confident that no one would say much.