5145 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite/UX: extent based striping

Jordan Bean
Honored Contributor

Ignite/UX: extent based striping

HP Engineers:

Is support for extent based striping planned for the next major release of Ignite/UX?

5 REPLIES 5
erics_1
Honored Contributor

Jordon,

I apologize but I have not been able to find any documentation regarding this implementation for a future Ignite release. I'll make sure to update this thread if I find anything for you.

Regards,
Eric
Jordan Bean
Honored Contributor

Thanks Eric.
Tim D Fulford
Honored Contributor

Why would you want to support mirroring WITHIN IgniteUX...It sounds nice and complete but...

If you support distributed stripes, what about kB stripes? Will the H/W need to exactly match or will you be able to choose. etc...

If you put it in the Ignite image & the hardware does not quite match (machine down build anything that will do ASAP) it will just throw up barriers and problems. Besides LVM stripping can be done whilst APPS etc are running.

You could always put it in as post installation script.

I only ever Ignite vg00 because it gives me the most options on my server builds. At the end of the day I do not know if the images will go back on the same hardware or onto a different box.

Just my 0.02??? worth, it is a question I had many an hours discussion on

Tim
-
Tim D Fulford
Honored Contributor

There's an old addage RTFQ.... Something I should do. I pressed the submit button and realised I was way, way off track.

oops

Tim
-
Carlos Fernandez Riera
Honored Contributor

See man 4 instl_adm. From man 4 instl_adm

volume_group group_name
{
volume_group-attributes...
physical_volume group "pvgname"
{
physical_volume disk[hw_path|index]
{
physical_volume-attributes...
}
}
physical_volume disk[hw_path|index]
{
physical_volume-attributes...
}
logical_volume
{
file-system/swap-attributes...
}
logical_volume "lvname"
{
file-system/swap-attributes...
}
}

The workaround:

I cant find any option to set extend based striping,but once you have defined your vg using pvgs, you can do a lvchange -s g -D y for each lvol you need.

You can do it after install or by including a post_config_script clause into your CONFIG file.

Regards.
unsupported