108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite-UX for 10.20 - WHERE IS IT?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andy Stout
Frequent Advisor

Ignite-UX for 10.20 - WHERE IS IT?

It's me again - your faithful UX n00b! I found that I do NOT have Ignite installed on my server - it's almost like it was installed previously but someone removed part of the system because I have the /var/opt/ignite directory but only one file called PRINT_MANIFEST. I have the original 10.20 cds - but can anyone tell me where to find them? I'm not even sure how to access the cd-rom from the UX box. it's an HP9000 if anyone cares to know. I'm sure I have to mount it somehow. I'll try to use SAM file manager to browse the discs.
12 REPLIES 12
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX for 10.20 - WHERE IS IT?

do you have the 10.20 applications cdrom's ?

Best regards,
Robert-Jan
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

It should now available only in application CDs (If you have them!)

-USA..
Good Luck..
rick jones
Honored Contributor
Solution

Andy - minor nit - _all_ PA-RISC systems running HP-UX are 9000's. The model command (IIRC it was there on 10.20 but I could be wrong) will give a more specific answer if uname simply says 9000/800.

It is entirely possible that Ignite was not actually installed on the system - my memory is very dimm these days, but that /var/opt/ignite may be an artifact of regualr OS installation.

As others have pointed-out, for 10.20 you'll have to find some DART CD's.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Andy,

I just checked an old 10.20 Applications CD set I have here. I found Ignite on CD 3 of the set. It may be on a different CD, depending on the release you have.

To verify, you can pop the CD into your PC (if you're not around the server at the time) and look at the file called CD_TABLE_OF_CONTENTS found at the root of each CD. If you do this on a PC, it looks best when viewed with WordPad.

If you're on the HP-UX system, you need to mount the CD (use the mount command) and you can then list the contents of the mount point directory.

You can also simply run swinstall interactively and specify the mount point of the CD. (You still need to mount the CD.) This will display the packages available for install. Scroll to the "Ignite-UX-10-20" package, mark it for install, and install it.

Best Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
lawrenzo_1
Super Advisor

if you have the cd's:

ioscan -fnkC disk

===========================================================================
disk 92 3/0/0/3/1.3.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP DVD-ROM 305
/dev/dsk/c20t3d0 /dev/rdsk/c20t3d0

# mount /dev/dsk/c20t3d0 /cdrom

find the product to install

swinstall -s /cdrom

or

swinstall then use the options from there to access the cdrom and mark ignite for install.

HTH
hello
Andy Stout
Frequent Advisor

how does the SWINSTALL work? Do I just put one of the cds into the drive on the server and run ./swinstall?
Helen French
Honored Contributor

You need to find out the device file for the CD (/dev/dsk/cxtydz) and mount the CD with:

# mount directory_name /dev/dsk/cztydz

You can run 'swinstall' now and select "local CDROM" on the source information and point it to the directory name where you mounted the CD. swinstall will list you all installable applications from that CD. Select the one you need and "mark it for install".
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Andy Stout
Frequent Advisor

wow - I feel like an idiot. I got it mounted and I can see what's on the CD - but how the heck do I get the CD back out? I found ignite on CD 4 of 5 by looking in the CATALOG directory at the index file. I tried to eject the cd and put this one in and it won't let me. I'm guessing at this point it has to be "un-mounted" to allow me access to it? If so, how do you "un-mount" a drive?
Morcos
Super Advisor

Hi Andy,
Try this: umount /cdrom
and then eject the CD.

HTH

Ziad