Operating System - HP-UX
1753797 Members
7136 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite-UX on SEP2003 11i EOUR CD is version 5.x?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX on SEP2003 11i EOUR CD is version 5.x?

Jeff,
As I stated last, I know of no official announcement. We can say that becuase the B.4.4.x version is the only available download from software.hp.com for 11.00, that it is the currently recommended version.

Ignite B.5.2 has an due date of March 2004 but the lab is actively working to beat that distribution estimate and hopes to have it ready by the end of Feburary which is in is just a matter of days.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the info.
And If you would please, one more thing.
Please pass up to your management this -

We out here in the trenches *literally* live and die by the make_recovery_tape. And I for one would not be a very happy camper to find out that there's problems with Ignite when it's *too* late to do something about it. I strongly feel Ignite trouble is something one should NOT learn about from an RCE when I'm investigating why my tape won't restore. It should be broadcast loud & clear as soon as the trouble is determined that would put our systems & data in peril.

Thanks,
Jeff

P.S. Nothing personal Cheryl...this one just irks me somewhat. Keep up the good work.
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Jeff,
I went back and read the problem report again, and had my posts edited to remove references to 11.11.

B.5.0 and B.5.1 may fail in recovery on 11.00. It will work with 11.11.

I apologize for any confusion my posts may have caused. I should have read that problem report prior to discussing such a critical application.

In any case, B.4.4.x is still what we are widely recommending even though a newer version may be on media. This is being done for the sake of consistency. We definitely understand the live&die attitude with Ignite. That is why the new versions are not available from software.hp.com. Ignite is normally pulled from the web because the version on the disks are quickly outdated.
"Downtime is a Crime."