New Discussion юеВ

Ignite-UX problem.

SOLVED
Go to solution
MEHMET BAYER
Occasional Advisor

Ignite-UX problem.

Hello,

I've Ignite-UX problem. I'm using HP-UX 11i with Ignite-UX-11-11 C.6.6.93. I'm trying to backup with make_net_recovery but I get "Not enough space for archive. /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch_mnt on local needs .. kbytes free." error. So , I decided to create new LV and new file system named like /var/opt/ignite/recovery. I also reinstalled Ignite_ux depot on client site.But I still get same error. I tried also yo use /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch_mnt filesystem. For once, I have another error as below

"nfs mount: mount_nfs: mount: /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch_mnt: Device busy
ERROR: Unable to mount or write". Does anyone has any idea?

thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Steven E. Protter
Exalted Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX problem.

Shalom,

Ignite needs space on /var and nowhere else to put temporary files for the archive. Clear space there or it will neer work.

check the /etc/exports config on the NFS mount point and make sure it permits read and write from the client, which is trying to do the make_net_recovery

SEP
Steven E Protter
Owner of ISN Corporation
http://isnamerica.com
http://hpuxconsulting.com
Sponsor: http://hpux.ws
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpuxlinux
Founder http://newdatacloud.com
Jannik
Honored Contributor

try to mount it by hand:
mount igniteserver:/var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch_mnt /mnt

and the try to write to it. Remember to look into your /etc/exports file. Consult the ignite manual for more information.
jaton
MEHMET BAYER
Occasional Advisor

Dear Steven,

Thanks a lot for your information. Actually, I did backup (tarred) sub directorys of /var/opt/ignite/recovery.After create new file system, I recovered directory from backup. So, I have to increase /var size. I checked /etc/exports, everthings looks fine.

Best regards.
JASH_2
Trusted Contributor

If you make any kind of changes to the /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch_mnt: such as extending it by creating a new logical volume for it, you will need to check ownership of the directory bin:bin and also re-export it, so the new permissions are taken up in the export.

exportfs -av

This will give you a verbose listing of all your exported files/directories and highlight any errors.

Hope this helps.
JASH
If I can, I will!
MEHMET BAYER
Occasional Advisor

Dear Jash,

I checked permissions for /var/opt/ignite/recovery/, it's ok. I also checked exportfs -av from ignite server site. Everythins seem ok. At this point ,I don't understand something. I created new logical volume with correct directory permission, but I recived again an error like "Not enough space for archive."
JASH_2
Trusted Contributor

Emre,

Where did you actually add the new logical volume into?

What is the mount point?

Sorry for delay in replying, must be a big timezone difference between us.
If I can, I will!
MEHMET BAYER
Occasional Advisor

Dear Jash,

I created new logical volmue named lvol11 in vg00 and mounted like "/var/opt/ignite/recovery". Before do that, I took a backup of directories under recovery directory. you can see below. Then, I deleted these directories and recopied to new location with correct permission.
drwxrwxrwx 2 bin bin 96 Jan 23 2003 arch_mnt
drwxr-xr-x 2 bin bin 96 Jan 23 2003 client_mnt
drwxr-xr-x 2 bin bin 96 Apr 6 16:11 lost+found
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 192 Apr 6 16:19 previews

#ll -d
drwxr-xr-x 5 bin bin 1024 Apr 6 16:19 /var/opt/ignite/recovery
JASH_2
Trusted Contributor

The place where the extra file space is equired is

/var/opt/recovery/archives/

This is where it is actually stored. Have you re-created the directory structure, under /var/opt/recovery/ for the archives directory and the directory for the server you are trying to take the image for?

If you have, make sure that it is on the same mount point by
cd /var/opt/recovery/archives/
bdf .

If it does not show you that you are in
/var/opt/recovery then you need to recreate the directory structure.

If it does show that you are in /var/opt/recovery then check that when you create the net_recovery it is pointing to the correct directory.

Regards,

JASH
If I can, I will!
MEHMET BAYER
Occasional Advisor

Dear Jash,

It was my mistake. I gave extra space on ignite server. But now, I have another error messages.

nfs mount: mount_nfs: mount: /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch_mnt: Device busy
ERROR: Unable to mount or write
s2yedek:/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/s1webap1
On s2yedek you may need to:
mkdir -p /var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/s1webap1
chown bin:bin /var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/s1webap1

(s2yedek is my ignite server and s1webapp1 is my client server which I want to backup.)

I have already a directory named s1webapp1 in
"/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/" on ignite server and I modified correctly "/etc/exports".

Is this a nfs problem?