Operating System - HP-UX
1751888 Members
5272 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite-UX server, adding patches & apps.

Geoff Brown
Frequent Advisor

Ignite-UX server, adding patches & apps.

Hi,
I am trying to create an 11i Ignite server. I have used "make_depots" & "make_config" to load the basic OE from CD/ DVD. Have initialised Ignite, & can do an Ignite install of the base OE onto other servers.
I now want to add the patch bundles & all the apps from CD/ DVD to the Ignite server, but haven't been able to find the doc which specifies these steps.
Do I cd to the 11.11 "core" directory ( var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B11.11/core), & then "swcopy" the patches, & "make_config" again, or do I repeat the original process "make_depots", "make_config"??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Geoff
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX server, adding patches & apps.

Use make_config only. Here is documentation - http://www.docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90153/apcs05.html

regards,
ivan
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

If you have already used 'make_depots' from install media, you probably already have everything from that media copied into your depot.

Take a look at the 'sw_sel' tags in the file that 'make_config' generated. Perhaps you just need to select a different OE or something?

If you really do have some additional media with additional items, use make_depots on it and run make_config again.

But I am betting that you already have everything you need, except install-time selection.
Geoff Brown
Frequent Advisor

I executed a separate "make_depots" for the apps bundles, before the "make_config" cmd.
Thanks for your help.
Geoff