108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite - Version upgrade?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Medavie
Valued Contributor

Ignite - Version upgrade?

I am currently running an Ignite server and have numerous images. I create tapes from my Ignite server, and have scripts to do so.

I am running 11.00 and Ignite Server Verson 2.4.307. I'd like to upgrade my Ignite server to version B.3.3.

I'm wondering... will I run into problems if I upgrade ? Any ideas what I might expect ?
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite - Version upgrade?

You can try doing an swinstall and install the new version of Ignite over the old one. I have had problems when doing that though.

What I would do is swremove your current version of Ignite/UX and then install the new version. Hopefully you won't lose any of the configuration information for you make_net_recovery images.

Make sure you know the paths to where your images are kept.

It shouldn't be a big deal, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi Shane:

I've had no problems when I update my Ignite software. I simply toggle the 'reinstall filesets' [ -x reinstall=true ] option of swinstall and go. The version you're running is fairly old. The latest versions are considerably more feature-rich and worth the few minutes to download and install.

...JRF...
magnus linner
Advisor

I upgraded my Ignite server for a couple of weeks ago. I first removed the old software
and then installed the new version and that worked fine.
If you upgrade your server you have to upgrade all the clients as well. When using make_net_recovery the client and server must always have the same Ignite version
Medavie
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for the speedy replies.
James,
I've used the reinstall option you suggested, and all is great.

Thanks Again

Shane