5794 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite and linux

Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Ignite and linux

Hi again guys!!

Here's my latest issue: Currently igniting two systems across a small network to each other, using make_net_recovery. We have had some space issues, so a linux box was made available to me with 300GB of space. I have two lv's nfs mounted on each server. Is it possible to run the make_net_recovery and save the image on the new nfs shared directory, (we'll call it /backup.)

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Should have been an astronaut.
7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The ignite server need to nfs export the space for the backup, so I doubt if you can export a nfs mounted directory, you need to try and tell.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Yeah...I aleady tried, and couldn't do it due to NFS. Sigh.

Any other ideas? I guess I could run it, and copy it out after. Copy it back in if I need it.
shanmuhanandam
HPE Pro

Hi
I think you can try this way..
from the manpage
=================

make_net_recovery(1M) make_net_recovery(1M)

NAME
make_net_recovery - network based system recovery archive creation

SYNOPSIS
/opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s Ignite-UX_server
[-a archive_server:archive_directory] [-A] [-b] [-d tag_string]
[-f content_file] [-i|-ib] [-l LLA] [-n number_archives] [-p]
[-P s|w|e] [-m tar|cpio|pax] [-r] [-v] [-x content-options]
[XToolkit_Options] [-?]

============================
-a archive sever:archive dir
============================
so, i think it is not required to do the NFS mount to hpux server. Make the dir (as client name on the linux server /backup/)You can directly copy the archives to linux machine. And the config details will be there on the ignite(hpux) server, only the archives will be there on linux machine,,

#make_net_recovery -s Ignite-UX_server -a archive_server:archive_directory

But i have not tried this procedure, could you please try this, and let us know.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

shanmuhanandam
HPE Pro

Hi,

one correction,,,, on linux machine /backup needs to NFS exported and should be given RW access to the hpux ignite server,

Thanks,
Shan.
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ryan Green
Valued Contributor

What shanmuhanandam said.

I currently use this method to backup our Ignite server to another HP-UX server. It should work for Linux as it is only supplying disk space. On the target host, you need to export the file system with "rw" access. The options that are in use on our v3 server for exporting "-o sec=sys,anon=2,rw=server_name"

On the source, use make_net_recovery with the -a option. You can also use options such as -n to control the number of images to retain, and -f for include/exclude information.

After the image is made, I use rsync to copy /var/opt/ignite/clients/$server to the target host. If you do this, make sure you also create a path and export the equivalent to /var/opt/ignite/clients from the Linux server.
Zinky
Honored Contributor

You SHOULD be able to store your make_net_recovery archives anywhere on your network where NFS or even CIFS is available.

As to your /var/opt/ignite bits.. yes you can use clever means to push that tree to your Networked Storage too.

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Thank you...case closed