1752569 Members
5374 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite - any way to not run certain startup scripts

Jay D Koonz
Occasional Advisor

Ignite - any way to not run certain startup scripts

I'm practicing ignite-restoring some of my systems from bootable tapes. Most went okay. One of my Omniback servers hangs on the final reboot trying to "start Omniback daemons".
Is there a way to customize Ignite so it doesn't try to run all the regulat startup scripts ?
Granted, the Omniback startup script should be smart enough to cancel out if all it's files aren't there, but it's an old version.
Ride Boldly Ride, but watch out for El Dorados
3 REPLIES 3
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Ignite - any way to not run certain startup scripts

Jay,

You should be able to use the console "break" key to interrupt the normal startup script processing. That's not exactly the solution you were looking for but it might help.

Pete

Pete
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

You could do one of 2 things.

1) Use CTRL-SHIFT-| (that is the pipe symbol), I think, to break the startup script. Then go into /etc/rc.config.d and change the appropriate file so that OB doesn't start.

2) During the last reboot, interrupt the boot, boot into single-user mode, modify the appropriate /etc/rc.config.d file and then continue the boot so that everything else gets done.

I don't know of a way to tell ignite itself to skip one of the startup scripts.
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Have you considered running make_recovery in preview mode, then modify (remove) the Omniback files that you do not want on the backup? Then proceed with making the archive. You can then install Omniback at a later time.

# make_recovery -A -p
# vi /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch.include
Remove the Omniback files.
# make_recovery ???r

Best Wishes,
Cheryl
"Downtime is a Crime."