108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
SKR_1
Trusted Contributor

Ignite configuration

There is last step "set up software"in configuring the ignite server. I done first 2 steps.

1 setup ip addresses
2 setup DHCP
3 Set up software

Can someone explain me some needfull points on this. I installed ignite software from NFS mounted FS from another system.

Also i need to add 4 PA-RISC and 3 Itanium clients.

Thanks

SKR
5 REPLIES 5
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi,

it depends on your os, in generell check this:
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/IUX/

Which points do you need to be explained?

Also search in the 'Technical knowledge base' when you have access to it:
https://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/enterService.do?

HTH
Volkmar
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Setup software is to create centralised depot of CORE OS or even any applications so that it can be distributed to all clients from ignite server without bring the CD to individual clients.

You can ignore if you don't want this feature for time being.

Refer the ignite admin guide for detailed explanation.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
SKR_1
Trusted Contributor

Scenerio is this.

I was having depot on one server for ignite-UX. I mounted that FS from that server as an NFS mount point on new server. And i installed ignite-ux on new server with this mount point. Now when i am configuring this new server as ignite server, i followed first step " setup IP address " and skipped "setup DHCP addresses " and now third step "Set up software" confusing me.

Please let me know how to proceed further. I need to install 4 rx client and 3 rp clients also after this configuration. For installing the clients third step is needful or i can skip this one.

Thanks

SKR
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

What is your requirement?

If you are going to setup Ignite server only to take backup of clients then you can skip this step.

If you are planning to install the OS to the multiple clients (or even any application) then you need to put the OS CD and create the depots.This step you can do at any time later on.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
SKR_1
Trusted Contributor

Thanks

SKR