SOLVED
Go to solution
Asya
Regular Advisor

Ignite error

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to ignite HP-UX 11.23 server:

* Configure_Disks: Begin

* Will install B.11.23 onto this system.
ERROR: Could not find SYSCMDS for B.11.23. The fileset
Ignite-UX.FILE-SRV-11-23 is probably missing or corrupt. Target disks
have not been disturbed.
ERROR: The configuration process has incurred an error. If you wish to push a
shell for debugging purposes, go to the target machine's console and
interact there. Otherwise, use the "Stop Install" action to reboot or
halt the target machine.

The configuration process has incurred an error, would you like
to push a shell for debugging purposes? (y/[n]): *
Response was:

* Configure_Disks: Error

I've reconfigured 11.23 depot, re-added all needed depots...same error.

As a history..i've moved stuff around in order to save space under /var (created another parition strictly for ignite, which is mounted under /var). I had a successful install of another 11.11 client.

What could be causing this problem...?

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite error

May be the Hardware on client side. Did you check the disks? Try to replace with some other disks and see if you can restore Ignite Image.
Sheriff Andy
Trusted Contributor

It almost sounds like you have a corrupt ignite install. What version of Ignite are you running?
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

It seems that the IG-UX server has only 11.11 SYSCMDS fileset installed and hence you could able to install 11.11 client. Since you are trying to install 11.23 on the client with the configured depot, you need to have SYSCMDS fileset for 11.23 installed on the server. Just having 11.23 depot won't work. SYMSCMDS fileset contains the commands IG-UX requires to complete client install and it's a part of Ignite-UX.FILE-SRV- (e.g. Ignite-UX.FILE-SRV-11.23) fileset.

SYSCMDS for 11.23 should be under /opt/ignite/data/Rel_B.11.23/SYSCMDS
Check if there are command under this directory. Similarly you need to check version of the fileset. The version should be compatible with the IG-UX core fileset for the IG-UX version you have.
Check using
# swlist -l fileset Ignite-UX

You can download the required and compatible fileset for 11.23 and install it and then you can have 11.23 client install possible. If you don't get the compatible version, then it is better to install the latest IG-UX product having required filesets.
Asya
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I do have needed fileset installed.

# swlist -l fileset Ignite-UX |grep 11-23
Ignite-UX.CFG-FILE-11-23 B.5.3.35 File Archives Used By Clients During HP-UX Install

Could it be that it's corrupted?

Thank you
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

yes. That is possible. Remove it using swremove and then re-install it. It doesn't need a reboot.
Asya
Regular Advisor

I don't have HP-UX OS on me right now. Is it possible to download it somewhere from HP website? This particular fileset?

Thank you!
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

You can't download a single file-set. You have to download the entire Ignite bundle.

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=IGNITEUXB

The latest version is C.6.9.x. You are not likely to find the version you currently have.