1752703 Members
5978 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite fails to config multihomed system

Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

Ignite fails to config multihomed system

We had a slight problem that in igniting a C360. We've configured a host with all 2 lan cards on different subnets. The netconf file defines the Lan0 & 1 interfaces but only LAN0 is connected at this point. We create an ignite image on tape.

On the same host, we test the ignite tape by re-installing the host from the ignite image. On restoration Lan0 is configured but Lan1 is not. The netconf file now has Lan1 commented out.

We want the Lan1 inferface to be defined so that all the user needs to do is plug it in. How do we do this? Why is the netconfig file being overwritten?

Thanks
Norm
5 REPLIES 5
Coolmar
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ignite fails to config multihomed system

I was looking for the same thing a while back and posted the question here, you might find this thread useful:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1050076
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

I looked over the post but that did not help. First we are not booting off the network we're igniting from tape.
Lan0 (on-bound NIC) does get configured (the only interface currently connected to the network) and LAN1 (in slot 1) gets commented out on igniting the box.

I'm failing to understand why ignite is doing this and how to prevent the netconf file from being changed.
Chan 007
Honored Contributor

Norman,

How many Ips are shown when you do a print_manifest,

You can find them in the bottom.

What is your netstat -nr output, does it shows 2 different ips?

Chan
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

Both the print_manifest and netstat only show 1 NIC. I also errored in my previous posts in that no NIC were connected on igniting the box.
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

Configuring post ignite scripts to set netconf values