108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite image issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vee_1
Frequent Advisor

Ignite image issues

I've created ignite image(make_tape_recovery) from L1000 (Ignite-UX version-B.5.4.50,os-11.00,Firmware-44.28) and tried to restore the image to L3000 (Ignite-UX version-C.7.5.142,os-11.11,Firmware-44.12).
I did check the contents of the tape both in source and destination servers and it looks good.But when i tried to boot the system with the tape media i was unable to perform that and i got the error message as follows.

Booting...
Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 1

IPL error: bad IPL checksum.

We have checked all the possbilites mentioned here in ITRC,but still its not working.My query-- is there any possbility to take the ignite image in a CD/DVD...?
Pls help me..
4 REPLIES 4
OFC_EDM
Respected Contributor

Re: Ignite image issues

Have you considered creating an Ignite server where you can store your Ignite images?

Then you can restore over the network (boot lan). It will also let you keep multiple copies (images) of each server. So you can go back in time to an earlier image.

You can create and ignite DVD but people have had varied success and I'd avoid it as most seem to have issues with it in the end.

Also if you're restoring an image created on different hardware there's an option you have to set I believe...I'll get back on that

Regards
The Devil is in the detail.
OFC_EDM
Respected Contributor
Solution

Here's a link to an Ignite server PDF
http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-4731/ch02s01.html
OFC_EDM
Respected Contributor

And heres a link to a post which I think will help you out.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1224072671282+28353475&threadId=1224771
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Two items I see.

1) really old version of ignite( current rev is 7.xx.xx.

2) attempting to clone OLD HW to newer HW. Most likely your L1000 does not have the needed drivers or SW to support the L3000 HW ( suprised the boot did not fail with a panic or unknown proc error ).
This type of cloning is a "good luck" scenario and may work but. You must install the latest HW enablement patches on your L1000 then take a new Ignite image and try again.