New Discussion юеВ

Ignite problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
ani007
Super Advisor

Ignite problem

Hi,

I get the following error messages when trying to create a network recovery archive for one of our server:
Please find the attachment

6 REPLIES 6
R.O.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ignite problem

Hi,

1├В┬║ Check the subdirectories under "etc/cmcluster". Seems that something weird are there ( lots of recursive subfdirectories called "/ebrdo3dcsfc" )

2├В┬║ "NOTE: The following files are in the list of files that were on the system, but they are no longer present. These files are not included in the backup:.."

There were temporary files present at the start of the ignite backupo, but deleted before archived. It does not matter and it is not a problem.

Regards,
"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you"
Pulse001
Regular Advisor

Hi Anirban,

As R.O said, you have two problems

1) The path name of files under /etc/cluster are too long. pax cannot archive these files. You should try to reduce the path length. I dont think there is any fix or workaround for this.
Still you could check by installing latest pax patches.(PHCO_39881 for hpux 11.31)

2) The second warning says that some files were there on the system but are not there anymore. You can safely ignore this message, this will not affect your restoration at a later time.

bye bye
Prasanth V Aravind
Trusted Contributor

The backup exit message is "make_net_recovery completed with warnings" , which means its completed. but have some warnings..

which is the pax not able to take backup of files

1.haoracle.sh
2.oracle.debug
3.ebrdo3dcsfc.cfg
4.ebrdo3dcsfc.cntl

from directory etc/cmcluster/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsf
c/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebr
do3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dc
sfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/e
brdo3dcsfc/

if you doesn't bother about these files, you simply ignore this message.

Gudluck
prasanth
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>Prasanth: from directory etc/cmcluster/ebrdo3dcsfc/ebrdo3dcsfc/

These appear to be garbage directories caused by some scripting problem? You may have to remove them to suppress the warning.

I once had to clean up a similar bad path and I had to descend quite a way before rm -rf would work. Then pop back 20 and do it again.
Prasanth V Aravind
Trusted Contributor

Dennis.. thank you to share your experience ..

:)

ani007
Super Advisor

Thank you every one. I will verify the script..