6761 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Ignite recovery issue

Gireesh
Occasional Advisor

Ignite recovery issue

Hi Guru's,

I have configured a new ignite servers and configured a server as its client .I am able to take ignite backup of client in the ignite server but when I try to restore the client with the same image ,it fails  after completing the archive  load and geting the following error.

* Completed 100% of archive
       * Tue Sep 13 10:31:25 EDT 2011: Completed archive load of the source (Recovery Archive).
       * Executing user specified script: "/opt/ignite/data/scripts/os_arch_post_l".
       * Running in recovery mode (os_arch_post_l).
       * Relocating RAM filesystems.
ERROR:   Could not symlink "/d_cfg_mnt_sb61/tmp/ign_configure/log_file" to "/tmp/ign_configure/RAMFS/tmp/ign_configure/log_fi​le": File exists (errno = 17).

Could you please help me .

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Ignite recovery issue

>ERROR:   Could not symlink "/d_cfg_mnt_sb61/tmp/ign_configure/log_file" to "/tmp/ign_configure/RAMFS/tmp/ign_configure/log_fi​le": File exists (errno = 17).

Which one of the two already exists?

Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

Re: Ignite recovery issue

You have a recovery archive created on a system that appears to have previously failed to complete a recovery. You will run into potentially more than just this issue.

If you were given the option to push a shell do it and remove the file that shouldn't be there and use the exit command with the exit value specified in the text when you pushed a shell once the problem has been corrected.