Ignite-UX

Ignite server setup and 11i entOE and MCOE

Aren M. Parisi
Occasional Advisor

Ignite server setup and 11i entOE and MCOE

Hello, I need to make_depots for both ENTOE and MCOE installations, never having done this with 11.11, the command used to be (10.20 example) make_depots -r B.10.20 -s /dev/dsk/c2t2d0, however since I would be using the same command for BOTH 11i OEs, would it overwrite previous depot? plus how would I tell the difference when I "push an 11i image" onto a server? make_depots -r B.11.11 -s /dev/dsk/c2t2d0 twice seems confusing. It is not in the manual for IUX 11.i, but the 11.i manual I have seems to be a 10.20 manual with 11i stamped on it. Anyone distributing the latest OEs yet using Ignite?
2 REPLIES 2
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite server setup and 11i entOE and MCOE

Hi Aren,

The ignite configuration is the same for all versions of OS,

Maybe this ignite administrator guide will help,

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/docs/sysadm.html

Hope this helps.

Regds
Aren M. Parisi
Occasional Advisor

Re: Ignite server setup and 11i entOE and MCOE

this document is interesting but I am not making golden images, I'm firing out cold root disk installs to 15 servers and I need a working archive depot of both OEs distinctively named. Please re-read my original thread. when you make_depot you must name the depot an unique name or it will overwrite the depot. all four (command issued by CD) of the make_depots make Rel_B.11.11 by default. I have a total of four CDs and two OEs to contend with. None of the docs I've read have dealt effectively with this specific scenario, unfortunately. Our environment is so diverse the maximum common denominator is the OE and goldqpk bundles, beyond that I'd need to make 15 different "golden images" besides, I do not have a server to make that image on, all are CSS production! thanks anyway.